The Project will gather data and complete assessments that will result in a future implementation project that will lead improved water quality, timing, and yield; enhanced habitat for multiple threatened and endangered wildlife species; improved soil health; and carbon sequestration. The Project will complete meadow restoration planning at Childs Meadow and integrate it into an existing large-scale fuels treatment project, resulting in a holistic headwaters restoration project. Restoration actions will be identified and designed to improve the meadow’s ecological function and climate resiliency.
Point Blue Conservation Science
Specific objectives of this Project are to:
1. Complete an assessment of meadow condition, identify priority areas for restoration, and integrate with upland/meadow fuels treatments.
2. Identify restoration actions that prepare the project area for the consequences of climate change.
3. Produce collaboratively developed meadow restoration designs.
4. Produce a scientifically defensible approach to evaluate restoration success.
5. Produce an implementation ready project.
Restoration, Monitoring, Research/Planning (including Science)
Project Benefits a Disadvantaged Community (or SDAC):