The BCLT is working in partnership with the BCLRP Managing Agencies -NMFS, USFWS, USEPA, USACE, and CDFW to develop the BCLRP: Sustainability Alternatives Planning Document to address the current unsustainable management protocols through an in-depth study of the entire system. This Planning Document will provide sound scientific alternatives which will retain and enhance the biological diversity of the wetlands, maintain the protections on existing oil and public infrastructure on and adjacent to the site, and include a climate resiliency component to ensure the wetlands capabilities and future sustainability.
Bolsa Chica Land Trust
Objectives of the Planning Document include:
• Comprehensive understanding of the overall system infrastructure and wetland processes
• Understanding of processes that affect the function of the wetlands under current and projected future conditions
• Risk analysis of wetland processes to adjacent neighborhoods and oil operations under current and projected future conditions
• Development of sustainability alternatives to reduce long-term wetland preservation management costs and increase sustainability
• Identification of alternatives to existing project design and management practices
• Prioritized action steps to implement sustainability alternatives identified in the Planning Document.
Complete and Fully Paid
Project Benefits a Disadvantaged Community (or SDAC):