The Project will complete planning to:
• Support the sediment reduction and habitat enhancement goals of the Napa River Sediment Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL);
• Minimize the need for ongoing channel stabilization and repair work by establishing a more self-sustaining channel design which reduces maintenance needs;
• Enhance geomorphic channel forms and processes to support a more diverse and complex instream condition;
• Increase river and floodplain interactions where possible;
• Increase and enhance riverine, riparian, and floodplain habitat functions, with a focus to improve habitat for fish and wildlife; and
• Remove and manage invasive nonnative vegetation and replant with native vegetation while enhancing the complexity and width of the riparian corridor .
Napa County Dept. of Public Works
Objectives are to complete restoration designs, and permitting of Project Group B (Sites 15-20) and D (Sites 1-4, 7, and 9-10). The County of Napa has completed 30% designs prior to this grant agreement.
Research/Planning (including Science)
Project Benefits a Disadvantaged Community (or SDAC):