The selected construction project is consolidation of Pershing High School with Central High School. The major project components are:
1. Approximately 5,000 feet of 8-inch pipeline
2. On-site piping at Pershing School site to connect to the existing distribution system and physically isolate the existing well.
3. New Well at Central High School site to replace the existing aging well.
4. 200,000 gallons capacity storage tank, booster station and appurtenances at Central High School site to meet the fireflow requirements for both schools
5. Chlorination Facility to prevent any bacteriological problems in the distribution system.
Central Unified School District
Project Benefits a Disadvantaged Community (or SDAC):